Monday, May 2

Happy May Day!



May Day at 3LB. We went for a walk, our goal was to buy flowers and candy to put in our May Day baskets, but it was so cold (not May-like at all!) that we only made it to Woullets bakery to warm up with a snack. We decorated card stock with markers and aqua crayons, and wrapped the paper into cone baskets, that we later filled with flowers and candy. After nap we filled our paper baskets and decorated our faces with glitter. We delivered May Day baskets to neighbors- hanging the goodies on their doorknobs, ringing the doorbell and then dashing away! Happy May Day!



























Cooper: yeah, we can drop it at their door and RUN RUN away so they can't see us.
Luna: But they'll know it is us because we wrote our name on it.
Melania: Well, then they'll say "What beautiful names these children have!"











5 comments:

  1. May Day baskets! I have such good memories of them from when our kids were little. So fun to see the birds making and delivering their very own May Day baskets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting Monday's pictures. I'm so glad that Gretta is able to share in the magical world you create at 3 Little Birds. She has been lots more willing to try new things since she's been there.

    From Gretta's Grammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with what Gretta's other grandma said. I love seeing the pictures you post of her having fun with the other birds. I really like the one of her with her tongue sticking out, her daddy would do that when he was being creative.

    Gretta's nana

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun thing to do. It looks like they were having so much fun. I sure wish I lived near so I could have gotten one too---haven't had a May Day basket in over 10 years now.

    Isla's Wisconsin Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  5. May Day baskets are one of my favorite traditions, and earliest memories, too! My mom helped us make them, and I remember the thrill of knocking on a door and running away. It was so much fun to watch our birds participate in the tradition, and have such a good time doing it!
    ara

    ReplyDelete